Subject: WebDAV BIND LC issue: example for live property values varying by path/bindings

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:18:11 +0200

Hi,

in Section 2.6 we say:

"Consistent with [RFC4918], the value of a dead property MUST be 
independent of the number of bindings to its host resource or of the 
path submitted to PROPFIND. On the other hand, the behaviour for each 
live property depends on its individual definition (for example, see 
[RFC3744], Section 5, paragraph 2)." -- 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-23.html#rfc.section.2.6>

Alexey mentioned that it would be useful to clarify the example, and in 
particular also to mention a live property that may vary depending on 
access path.

This issue is tracked as 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.issue.ex-live-property>, 
and for now I have extended the paragraph to read:

"Consistent with [RFC4918], the value of a dead property MUST be 
independent of the number of bindings to its host resource or of the 
path submitted to PROPFIND. On the other hand, the behaviour for each 
live property depends on its individual definition (for example, see 
[RFC3744], Section 5, paragraph 2 for a case where the value is 
independent of path and bindings, and [RFC4918], Section 8.8 for a 
discussion about the live properties DAV:getetag and 
DAV:getlastmodified, which may behave differently)."

Feedback appreciated,

Julian