Subject: WebDAV BIND LC issue: example for COPY updating multiple bindings

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:55:27 +0200

Hi,

in Section 2.3 we say:

"...If because of multiple bindings to a resource, more than one source 
resource updates a single destination resource, the order of the updates 
is server defined." -- 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-23.html#rfc.section.2.3.p.4>

Alexey mentioned that it would be useful to have an example for this 
particular case.

This issue is tracked as 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-issues.html#issue.ex-copy-multiple-update>, 
and for now I have add the example below:

-- snip --
2.3.2.  Example: COPY updating multiple Bindings

    Given the following collection hierarchy:

                                 +------------------+
                                 | Root Collection  |
                                 |  bindings:       |
                                 |  CollX     CollY |
                                 +------------------+
                                    /              \
                                   /                \
                                  /                  \
               +--------------------------+   +-----------------+
               |      Collection C1       |   | Collection C2   |
               |      bindings:           |   | bindings:       |
               |     x.gif     y.gif      |   | x.gif     y.gif |
               +--------------------------+   +-----------------+
                       |         |                |         |
                       |         |                |         |
             +-------------+  +-------------+   +-------------+
             | Resource R1 |  | Resource R2 |   | Resource R3 |
             +-------------+  +-------------+   +-------------+

    A COPY of /CollX with Depth infinity to /CollY will not result in a
    changed hierarchy, and Resource R3 will be updated with the content
    of either Resource R1 or Resource R2.
-- snip --

(see also 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#example.copy.multiple.update>).

Feedback appreciated,

Julian