Subject: WebDAV BIND LC issue: confusion about term "binding integrity"

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:19:13 +0200

Hi,

this is another issue raised by the Apps Area Director (Alexey Melnikov).

In several parts of the spec we mention the "integrity" of bindings, 
without having formally introduced that term (see 
<http://www.webdav.org/bind/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-issues.html#issue.def-integrity>).

Proposal: add the text below to the Terminology Section:

-- snip --
    Binding Integrity

       The property of a binding that says that:

       *  the binding continues to exist, and

       *  the identity of the resource identified by that binding does
          not change

       unless an explicit request is executed that is defined to delete
       that binding (examples of requests that delete a binding are
       DELETE, MOVE, and - defined later on - UNBIND, and REBIND).
-- snip --

BR, Julian

PS: thanks to Geoff for the proposed text from which I worked.