Subject: Re: Review of draft-ietf-webdav-bind-25 ("Binding Extensions to WebDAV")

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:26:21 +0200

Hi Angela,

thanks for the feedback. Comments inline:

Angela Schreiber wrote:
> Editorial Comments:
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> - 2.2. URI Mappings Created by a new Binding
>   I have the impression that there is a typo:
> 
>   "Note that if R is a collection, additional URI mappings are created
>    to the descendents of R."
>   ->
>   "Note that if R is a collection, additional URI mappings are created
>    to the descendants of R."

My spell checker says both is OK in en-US, in doubt, the RFC Editor will 
fix this.

> - The document uses both 'behavior' and 'behaviour'.
>   I am not sure whether the document prefers British over American
>   english spelling. My impression is that both spellings occur (e.g.
>   internationalization, marshalling, signalled and behaviour/behavior)
>   ... but I'm not a native speaker.

In my working copy, I changed the text to consistently use the US 
spelling (note that it's not clear that we will submit a new draft 
before it gets onto the IESG agenda, in which case, again, it would be 
up to the RFC Editor to fix this).

> - The examples with 'CollY' (or any other characters following 'Coll')
>   would be easier to read for me if it was written 'CollectionY'.
> ...

I see your point, but making the example paths longer would cause 
problems with the width of the artwork in the examples (which is 
restricted to 72 characters because of the text format). Thus we have 
chosen to use a consistent and short naming scheme.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:23:22 +0200

Angela Schreiber wrote:
> ...
> Being member of the expert group of JSR 283 [2] I particularly
> appreciate that the proposed draft very nicely fits the concept
> of shareable nodes defined in JSR 283. This has been showed by the
> extensions Julian added to the Jackrabbit Webdav Server [3].
> ...

Actually, the code was written and tested by Manfred Baedke; I just 
reviewed it and applied the patches (as Jackrabbit committer).

BR, Julian