Subject: Fwd: Last Call: <draft-murchison-webdav-prefer-11.txt> (Use of the Prefer Header Field in Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV)) to Proposed Standard

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 21:04:39 +0100

(FYI)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Last Call: <draft-murchison-webdav-prefer-11.txt> (Use of the 
Prefer Header Field in Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning 
(WebDAV)) to Proposed Standard
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 09:02:07 -0800
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Use of the Prefer Header Field in Web Distributed Authoring and
    Versioning (WebDAV)'
   <draft-murchison-webdav-prefer-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    This specification defines how the HTTP Prefer header field can be
    used by a WebDAV client to request that certain behaviors be employed
    by a server while constructing a response to a request.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor before publication)

    Please send comments to the Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning
    (WebDAV) mailing list at <mailto:[email-masked]> [1], which may
    be joined by sending a message with subject "subscribe" to
    <mailto:[email-masked]> [2].  This mailing list is
    archived at <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/> [3].

Open Issues

    o  Should we add any text regarding caching responses in Section 3?

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-murchison-webdav-prefer/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-murchison-webdav-prefer/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.