Subject: [wpkops] Fwd: NIST Requests Comments on 2nd Draft of NISTIR 7924: Reference Certificate Policy

From: Michael Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 08:29:42 -0400

Saw this posted on the PKIX mail-list, thought it might be of interest here
as well.

Mike Jenkins

NIST announces the public comment release of the second draft of Interagency
Report 7924, Reference Certificate Policy
<http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/PubsDrafts.html#NIST-IR-7924>. The
purpose of this document is to identify a set of security controls and
practices to support the secure issuance of certificates. It was written in
the form of a Certificate Policy (CP), a standard format for defining the
expectations and requirements of the relying party community that will
trust the certificates issued by its Certificate Authorities (CAs).

NIST released the first draft of this publication in April 2013 and
received extensive public comments. This revised draft incorporates changes
requested by commenters, many intended to improve the security controls
identified in the document, provide additional flexibility for CAs, and
clarify ambiguities in the previous release.

NIST requests comments on Draft IR 7924 by *Friday, August 1, 2014*. Please
send comments to [email-masked], using the public comment
template found at the link above.

If the in-line link above does not work, please use the URL:
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/PubsDrafts.html#NIST-IR-7924